If you are over 40 and you are still on the market, then you must be experiencing a daunting feeling. You don’t have countless single friends anymore, everybody is married and with children, maybe, you can’t find partners for singles bars and you’re probably even feeling a bit rusty. However, you should not let yourself guided by the feeling of nervousness and by the idea that everybody around you is in a relationship and you’re not. Who says that you should have already been in a relationship too? There is time and searching for love while over 40 is not as difficult as you think it might be. Here are a few simple dating tips that will show you how fun this can actually be.
1. Embrace the new world. While you have been out of the market for some years, things have changed a bit. We all are more searchable and more socially connected. Go on social media and don’t be hesitant about texting; you’ll love it.
2. It is important to remember the basics. Even though things have changed in which concerns how socially connected we are, basic things never change. This means that you still have to be on time, you still have to be present during the date and when you walk her home, wait outside until she safely enters her home. These are all gestures that never get old, so we think that it is important for you to remember them.
3. Figure out how you want to meet new people. Some prefer being introduced to new people by their own friends, while others prefer to do this by themselves, visiting bars and cafes. There is no wrong or right way to do this; just do what works for you and what you feel comfortable with.
4. Get in shape and don’t underestimate yourself. Who cares that you are over 40? A few more wrinkles might just make you more attractive.
5. Don’t expect for a date to fit a profile, as that is almost impossible. You surely have a ‘’type’’, but learn to make compromises here and there. You’ll learn that certain things really don’t matter.
6. Be very honest about your situation, your age, your history. Honesty can make or break relationships and if it does from the very first dates, then at least you haven’t wasted any time.
7. Picking a 20s bar for your date might backfire. After all, you’re in your 40s, so your level of expectations should have gone higher. This means that you should pick a place that has flattering lights, good service, great food and cocktails and a pleasant atmosphere.
8. Don’t forget to turn off your phone, even though you have your own business and everybody comes to you for all sorts of things. You can live without that for a couple of hours, right?
Follow these tips and your instincts and you’ll see that finding a good candidate for a potential long relationship is not going to be as difficult as you think it is. You just have to put yourself out there.